The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely mine and not connected in anyway to the United States Peace Corps.

9.21.2008

the customs and border control office . . .

Have you ever been to a Customs & Border Control Office? hmmm. yes, I hadn't either. The one at Wichita's airport is a little hole in the wall, kind of disappointing. I suppose whenever I think of Customs and Border Control at airports I think of people put in a holding area because they are suspected of being invovled in an international crime organization or someone being cavity searched because they've carried drugs into america illegally.

Heh, perhaps i should lay off the action/adventure flicks for a while.

Anyway, the trip to Wichita was a good break from Salina. All I have left to get in preparation for England are gloves and some sweaters. So yes, there was shopping involved. and yes, my friends, while the date of departure looms closer I'm savoring things that I know I will miss once I'm across the pond, such as: driving, using my cell phone,
prices being in dollars rather than pounds, reading for fun, hanging out with family, and just being lazy. what can i say, i'm basically just waiting to embark on my adventures abroad--and oh the adventures i will have . . .

No comments: